And inching closer to the other side every minute. Here are the top reasons I know I'm getting old:
1. My youngest full sibling is turning 25 next week
2. Songs from my childhood are now being played on the oldies station
3. Songs from my childhood are now being remade by new artists, and kids think they're new songs.
4. I get irritated when people in the community pool are making noise after 10:30pm.
5. I had to stop myself from saying the following to a friend's child the other day. "I haven't seen you since you were this big!" (I caught myself after "since you" in horror - I used to hate it when adults said that to me!!)
6. I realized the other day that the Golden Girls were only 20-30 years older than I am now. (I know it's a lot, but it hit me anyway!)
7. My metabolism has slowed drastically (or that's what I'm blaming the constant need to diet on)
8. I find myself having to explain pop culture references from my childhood to my younger friends
9. I remember UHF/VHF and having to walk to the TV to turn it on.
10. White/gray hairs are popping up here and there...and they hide well in my hair - but they're there...taunting me with their evasiveness
11. When I was in high school, there were no cell phones. There were car phones, that were huge and were carried around in big cases that looked like camera bags, and few people had them. (There is no way you could lose one in your purse)
12. The internet was in its infancy when I started college...and if it shut down in this day and age, most businesses would shut down with it.
13. When I say "back in the day," I am not referring to last month.
14. I am completely out of touch with the current slang (except for "Snakes on a Plane!" - Thanks CAP!)
15. I remember when The Simpsons was a short sketch on the Tracy Ullman Show.
16. When I was little, there was only one MTV, and it actually played music videos.
17. My father is turning 60!
Okay, there's lots more, but it's past my bedtime now (another sign of my advancing years), so I'll toddle off to bed now.