StepOut - Donate

Monday, June 26, 2006

Another Non-Motivated Monday

It seems to be the trend these days... I have too much to do here at work, and no desire to do it. I guess that's my procrastination coming out. At least that's nothing new.

I took a knitting class on Friday night with a couple of friends. And finally, someone helped me make sense out of casting on! Woo hoo! And, as if that wasn't enough, the instructor also taught me how to purl - successfully. So, I've made sure to practice a bit each day since then so I don't forget. Hopefully I can keep it up.

After the knitting class, we went out for pizza and then saw "Click." I really liked the movie. It was better than I had expected, and yes, sap that I am, I cried. Yes, I cried at an Adam Sandler movie...(and it's not the first time either...I cried during Big Daddy too).

Saturday I hit the library and got out the 3rd Ya-Ya book by Rebecca Wells. Seems I just can't get enough of those fiesty Southern women. So far it's good too.

Hmm...spent some time out on my balcony reading and then addressing invitations for a bridal shower. (I am not prepared for this bridal shower either...but I have a month to work it out. The plan is to keep it simple, because the bride is not into the traditional stuff.) More of the same on Sunday, plus a couple of loads of laundry.

I seriously contemplated calling the ex this weekend. No, not out of desperation. I just want to exchange our stuff and get it over with. But, I don't really want to talk to him, so I chickened out. I might e-mail him and tell him to mail my cd's back. I don't know what he wants from me (aside from his crap that's sitting in a box in my house). I don't want to be his buddy. I haven't talked to him since Mother's Day. Everything is still confusing, and probably always will be. Argh...

Today, I get the permanent crowns on my front teeth. Finally!! I so miss being able to bite into things! Wish me luck that all goes well at the appointment! (I'm not expecting any mishaps.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new teeth!!

Anonymous said...

Cry huh? A good movie kind of cry or a bad kind of movie cry? Cool about the class. Good luck with your teeth. Email or call me, soon, ok?

Tami said...

Um, don't know how to describe the cry. Sad cry - I'm a sap. You'd probably cry too.

Tooth update - the permanent crowns were YELLOW, and totally did not match the rest of my teeth. So, the dentist is sending them back, and I'm still stuck with the temps. At least he didn't cement them in and let me see the mismatch myself...

I'll call you soon - maybe tonight? (I'll be working a little late)

Dagny said...

Big Daddy is enough to make most folks well up. I mean, that courtroom scene? Of course, you heard none of this from me.

And thank goodness you have a decent dentist. A bad one would have slapped those mismatched ones in and gone to the bank with the check.