StepOut - Donate

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Holding Court

Sort of...I need to appear for jury duty tomorrow. It's funny, because before I checked the court website last night, I had a very strong feeling that I'd have to appear. Much to my surprise, I was still on telephone stand-by. This was soon eclipsed by the losing of the keys incident.

I don't so much mind that I have to appear...I suppose I'm due, since with the many summons's that I've received, I've never once (until now) had to actually appear. I don't really know what to expect, other than probably a long wait in the jury assembly room which may or may not amount to anything. I don't really want to be chosen for a case, but it's not my decision. We'll see what happens...

What I do mind though...my group has to be there at 8am. :( I so don't do mornings, as you all know, but I will make this work. No staying up late tonight! (Which I shouldn't be doing anyway.) The next group that was called doesn't have to show until 1pm. Why couldn't that have been my group?

Anyway, I'm off to work on the great Christyn's baby blanket and watch what I think is the newest episode of Project Runway...

6 comments:

Dagny said...

Ummm. I just had jury duty over the last couple of days and will be posting about it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Take something to do with you. Waiting is the pits. If it is anything like what I went through, they stuff a whole bunch of people into one room with one tv, and that's about it. Bleh!

*sigh* I miss Project Runway....

Anonymous said...

Aw man, that bites!! It is going to be quite at work again tomorrow!! LOL We'll miss you and hope you don't get picked.

Thanks for working on the blanket. :) hee hee. Can't wait to someday see it! Maybe when Morgan gets it, he can just pack it up and take it to college with him. LOL!! Just kidding (looking away to avoid "the Tami stare"...I'm sure Joie, Kristin and Kerri all know the 'stare'..LOL).

Anyways, good luck tomorrow. Sorry you'll miss Morgan, unless you get let go and get to come into work later. See you soon.

Fluffycat said...

So weird, just read Dagny's jury duty entry. I'm on call for the last week of the month and hoping I get picked!

Kristin said...

My question is .........did you get there on time

Anonymous said...

How was it?? Did you get there on time?