StepOut - Donate

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adventures in Entrelac, part I

One day a few weeks ago, when I was just this side of finished with the crocheted cables baby blanket for Moriah, but was itching for something different, I received my Knitting Daily newsletter from which included this video on entrelac knitting. I've always liked the look of this style of knitting - like a woven fabric without all that pesky weaving. Of course, I never tried it before since I couldn't knit to save my life. But, after watching Eunny explain it while demonstrating how to work the stitches, I thought it looked manageable.

So, I picked up some sticks and some unused cast-off cotton yarn, and stitched up a swatch. Here are my results - don't judge, I'm new to increasing/decreasing...
I thought it wasn't too bad for a first try, though it could use some practice...it looks better in this shot, since you can't see the joins between each block:
Still doesn't look like Eunny's work...


1 comment:

Moriah said...

That still looks pretty cool, even if it doesn't look like its supposed to. I can't increase or decrease on command to save my life with knitting. I was able to do a basketweave, but it isn't on an angle...