StepOut - Donate

Monday, July 07, 2008

Holy Crap, she's posting!!

Hello everyone. I hope you all had fun long weekends and that none of you were forced to work over the holiday. I headed up to Sacramento for most of the weekend and hung out with my friend Kerri and her family, then spent Saturday with my Mom and the step-family.

Lots of games were involved (card and board, not mental), and it was all quite fun. I have determined that my mother has a strong tendency to believe anything I say, as evidenced by her constant choosing of my wrong answers to Beyond Balderdash. (The edition we played had dates as a category instead of laughable laws, which sounds like a better category, if you ask me!)

In other news, I am still following the WW plan (except for weekends, when I'm not tracking, but still trying to exercise and make smarter food choices). I have lost 4.4 pounds in the last 3 weeks. It is a good start, and I will keep it up! (I am determined...again!) In keeping with this, I was inspired to actually turn on my oven and cook last week! (Before this current heat wave hit.)

teaser photo
A co-worker brought in a giant lawn bag full of fresh rosemary clippings, which also contributed to my culinary inspiration. Visit here for the recipe.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

wow you posted. I am going to also and did last week or something. Keep up the ww.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. I might try a similar take on it for dinner, only I have a lime, not a lemon.

I've been reading through a great cookbook called: Recipes From Americas Small Farms by Joanne Lamb Hayes and Lori Stein. Wow does it have some great sounding stuff in it. The recipes are full of veggies, so they're pretty healthy. A few are a bit heavy on the fats, but most of them are pretty good. I'm busy trying to copy the good ones out before the book is due back at the library!!

Anonymous said...

That looks good. Glad you liked your weekend, I did too! Best weekend I've had in a while. I'm kinda surprised there's no tablecloth photos posted. :)