StepOut - Donate

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Christmas Rush?

So, I'm starting to wonder if that Christmas rush everyone talks about is going to hit soon. One of my co-workers asked me to bring my jewelry into work last Friday, so I put it all in a bag and decided to include the cards and crocheted stuff too.

Everyone was duly impressed with the scarf and hat (Chloe and Talise), and I ended up selling Talise and getting a custom order for 4 scarves. Yay me! Below is a pic of the yarns I am making the scarves with (she asked for gold, pumpkin, deep blue, and olive, which is not in the below picture). Gracie didn't want to be left out. Unfortunately, I had to whisk her away after taking the shot, so she wouldn't leave (much) cat hair on the yarn.
I've also had more people ask about putting in some orders for the holidays, or for themselves, but I don't have any actual sales from that yet. My custom order (actually for my manager's manager) paid 1/2 up front, so I didn't have to buy supplies out of my pocket (I like that arrangement!).
Also, after this weekend I have a new respect for bowlers. I went bowling on Friday night with some friends (and yes, I still really suck at it). Aside from my final scores, the really pitiful part is how sore I am 2 days later! My thumb is no longer numb (okay, it wasn't quite that bad), but my forearm is totally sore, as is my right ankle (lunges, anyone?) and upper thigh. So sad...
But I'm recovering...and now I have to go attempt to sign into my work computer from home. I'm going to attempt to try to work at home 2x a month. This Wednesday is my trial run (if I find that I'm not getting any work done, I probably will not do it again). Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay work from home. Good luck and hope it works out. I love the picture of yarn with cat you should frame it and print it, its so good.
Hey we bowlers are out of shape but it was fun. We want to do it again.

Anonymous said...

bowling is a blast. I did it again after years recently too. Great pics! :)

Dagny said...

Congrats on all of the orders. And I totally love working from home.

BellaKarma said...

Congrats on all the orders! That's so cool!

David Tellez said...

Yeah, I was actually gonna see if I could commision some jewelry from you for the Holidays. I love the amulet you sold me so much, I havent been able to part with it. It hangs right off my mirror, like a dream-catcher...so what do you think?