StepOut - Donate

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

I'm back from Disneyland...



...and woefully behind in my posting! So, while I think of something witty and brilliant to post about, I'll leave you with a small sampling of photos from the happiest place on Earth.

The happiest breakfast on Earth


Main Street all gussied up for the holidays

And finally, this little gem from the holiday version of the Haunted Mansion:

Disclaimer - I did not take this photo...it was snagged from the Disneyland Facebook page

The ride had been completely re-done a la The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I think it had been improved from the last time I was there during the holidays (2007, I think). One of the best parts was this gingerbread house and the Christmas scene in the ballroom, where they pumped in the scent of gingerbread. It smelled crazy delicious, and made me hungry. Also, notice that zombie gingerbread man in front of the house there - it moved like it was breaking free from it's grave.

On the subject of gingerbread, I (re)start my diet tomorrow, using the completely re-vamped Weight Watcher's program. I am wiping my slate clean, so to speak, and starting over as if I were a new member. Wish me luck, and more importantly, wish me willpower! I still have to really look at all of the new materials and get a feel for the changes, but I know I can do it.

It helps that Thanksgiving fell before the unveiling of the new WW plan. I spent it with my paternal family in Southern CA, and had a blast. I miss seeing that side as often as we used to (which was still not often enough). Did I mention there were 4 turkeys? Here's proof:

Turkey 4 ways

I also had the opportunity to shoot a potato gun...and I took it. Did I mention my family is crazy? It probably explains why we always had so much fun at family gatherings. Amazingly, I didn't set myself on fire, though my cousin did manage to singe his hairline. Luckily for him, he has the hereditary incredibly thick mass of hair, so you can barely tell it happened at all. Though he did say he smelled burning hair until the next morning. Have I mentioned how much I love my family?

2 comments:

Dad said...

Diet huh?? I guess the cookie baking marathon is out for this year?

(and yes, the Alteri family is a litte crazy and a lot of fun)

Tami said...

It's the same old diet Dad, just reinvented and rededicated (on my part). Not sure about the cookie baking marathon - I may be able to work it in, if you want to do it. I just need to limit my on-site consumption!